InputBarAccessoryView alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Chat" category.
Alternatively, view InputBarAccessoryView alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
A community-driven replacement for JSQMessagesViewController
9.4 6.8 L5 InputBarAccessoryView VS ChattoA lightweight framework to build chat applications, made in Swift
Messenger Clone - Real-time iOS Chat with Firebase Firestore written in Swift
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of InputBarAccessoryView or a related project?
- [x] Autocomplete text with @mention, #hashtag or any other prefix
- [x] A self-sizing
UITextViewwith an optional fixed height (can be replaced with any other view)
- [x] Image paste support
- [x] Autocomplete attributed text highlighting
- [x] Reactive components that respond to given events
- [x] Top/Bottom/Left/Right
InputStackViews that act as toolbars to place buttons
- [x] Drop in attachment view for file/photo management
- [x] Plugin support for your own
- [x] Compatible with all iPhones and iPads
- [x] RTL Support
Installation via Swift Package Manager (SPM)
The Swift Package Manager is a tool for automating the distribution of Swift code and is integrated into the
Once you have your Swift package set up, adding InputBarAccessoryView as a dependency is as easy as adding it to the dependencies value of your Package.swift.
dependencies: [ .package(url: "https://github.com/nathantannar4/InputBarAccessoryView.git", .upToNextMajor(from: "5.2.0")) ]
You can also add it via XCode SPM editor with URL:
RxCocoa extensions work you need to explicitly import
Installation via CocoaPods
# Swift 5.5 pod 'InputBarAccessoryView' # Swift 5.0 pod 'InputBarAccessoryView', '5.1.0'
Installation via Carthage
# Swift 5.5 github "nathantannar4/InputBarAccessoryView" # Swift 5.0 github "nathantannar4/InputBarAccessoryView" "5.1.0"
iOS 12.0+ Swift 5.5
The latest iOS 11 release is v5.1.0
The latest iOS 9 + iOS 10 release is v4.3.3
The latest Swift 5.0 release is v5.1.0
The latest Swift 4.2 release is v4.2.2
See the Example project to see how you can make the iMessage, Slack, Facebook and GitHawk input bars!
Add your app to the list of apps using this library and make a pull request.
iMessage style TypingIndicator for chat apps
- Update SPM tools to Swift 5.5
- Added new optional delegate method for custom attachments size
- Added new animations for left/right stack view constraints
- Make sure framework is ready for XCode 13
- Fix availability in AppExtensions
- Fix Package.swift to support iOS 12+ only
- Allow setting
- Fix interactive keyboard dismissal lag
- Add example implemntation of
- Fixed appendSpaceOnCompletion inserting space at wrong location
- Added an optional offset in KeyboardManager.bind(tableView:)
- Change reuseIdentifier from
opento allow inheritance
- Fix send button loading indicator for dark mode
- Fix iOS 14 UIPasteboard system notification with images
- Drop support for iOS 11 and bump minimum version to iOS 12+
- Support Swift 5.3 and higher for XCode 12
See [CHANGELOG](./CHANGELOG.md) for more details and older releases.
Find a bug? Open an issue!
The layout of the
InputBarAccessoryView is made of of 4
InputStackView's and an
InputTextView. The padding of the subviews can be easily adjusted by changing the
textViewPadding properties. The constraints will automatically be updated.
It is important to note that each of the
InputStackView's to the left and right of the
InputTextView are anchored by a width constraint. This way the
InputTextView will always fill the space inbetween in addition to providing methods that can easily be called to hide all buttons to the right or left of the
InputTextView by setting the width constraint constant to 0. The bottom and top stack views are not height constraint and rely on their
func setLeftStackViewWidthConstant(to newValue: CGFloat, animated: Bool) func setRightStackViewWidthConstant(to newValue: CGFloat, animated: Bool)
InputBarButtonItem has properties that can hold actions that will be executed during various hooks such as the button being touched, the
UITextViewtext changing and more! Thanks to these easy hooks with a few lines of code the items can be easily resized and animated similar to that of the Facebook messenger app.
// MARK: - Hooks public typealias InputBarButtonItemAction = ((InputBarButtonItem) -> Void) private var onTouchUpInsideAction: InputBarButtonItemAction? private var onKeyboardEditingBeginsAction: InputBarButtonItemAction? private var onKeyboardEditingEndsAction: InputBarButtonItemAction? private var onKeyboardSwipeGestureAction: ((InputBarButtonItem, UISwipeGestureRecognizer) -> Void)? private var onTextViewDidChangeAction: ((InputBarButtonItem, InputTextView) -> Void)? private var onSelectedAction: InputBarButtonItemAction? private var onDeselectedAction: InputBarButtonItemAction? private var onEnabledAction: InputBarButtonItemAction? private var onDisabledAction: InputBarButtonItemAction?
Distributed under the MIT license. See
LICENSE for more information.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the InputBarAccessoryView README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.