🔖 Version 2.2 is a fairly large release. It's been almost a year since 2.1 came out, and there are many small and large bug fixes.
⚡️ V2.2 updates the file format from 2 to 3. It will read format 2 files, but will only write format 3. These are not readable by RNCryptor v2.1. See Issue #77 for details. The PHP, Python, and Ruby implementations also write format 3 and read format 2 or 3.
- Issue #91: Use constant time HMAC comparisons to avoid timing attacks
- Issue #77: KeyForPassword() broken for multi-byte passwords (UTF-8)
- 👌 Improved PHP, Python, and Ruby implementations
- 👌 Improved test cases, with test vectors
- 👍 Issue #76: Support OSX in podspec
- ⚠ Resolved static analyzer warnings
- Ensure compatibility with iOS 4.2
- Accept settings to RNDecryptor (Issue #65)
- Copy password rather than retain it (Issue #64)
- Crash when reading v1 header