XAnimatedImage alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Images" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of XAnimatedImage or a related project?
XAnimatedImage is a performant animated GIF engine for iOS written in Swift based on
FLAnimatedImage. An illustration is shown below:
- [x] Plays multiple GIFs simultaneously with a playback speed comparable to desktop browsers
- [x] Honors variable frame delays
- [x] Eliminates delays or blocking during the first playback loop
- [x] Interprets the frame delays of fast GIFs the same way modern browsers do
Who is this for?
- Apps that don't support animated GIFs yet
- Apps that already support animated GIFs but want a higher performance solution
- People who want to tinker with the code (the corresponding blog post describing the original FLAnimatedImage repo is a great place to start; also see the To Do section below)
- iOS 7.1+
- Xcode 7.1+
XAnimatedImage, like it's original counterpart
FLAnimatedImage, is a well encapsulated drop-in component. Simply replace your
UIImageView instances with instances of
XAnimatedImageView to get animated GIF support. There is no central cache or state to manage.
You can integrate XAnimatedImage into your project manually. You can do it by copying the "Classes" folder in your project (make sure that "Create groups" option is selected).
Other installation methods are currently being integrated into the project. Currently, this repository supports only manual installation. Planned, future installation methods will include:
var animatedImage = XAnimatedImage(initWithAnimatedGIFData: NSData(contentsOfURL: NSURL(fileURLWithPath: NSBundle.mainBundle().pathForResource("example", ofType: "gif")!))!) var animatedImageView = XAnimatedImageView() animatedImageView.animatedImage = animatedImage animatedImageView.frame = CGRectMake(0,0,100,100) self.view.addSubview(animatedImageView)
- Support other animated image formats such as APNG or WebP
- Integration into network libraries and image caches
- Investigate whether
FLAnimatedImageshould become a
- Smarter buffering
- Investigate the usage of
GPUImagefor less CPU intensive image processing.
Carthagefor installation methods.
If there any issues to be directed at me, you can reach me, Khaled Taha, @iamktothed.