v2.0.0 ChangesApril 05, 2017
Swift AI has been completely rewritten for Swift 3.1!
⚡️ This update brings many changes, so I'd like to note a few of the biggest ones here:
- 👍 Swift 3.1 language support
- 📦 Swift Package Manager support
- Significant API improvements and syntactical changes
- 👌 Support for custom activation functions and cost functions!
- 👍 Persistent storage now uses plaintext JSON for easy readability and cross-platform support
FFNNhas been renamed to
- 🐎 Various performance improvements
🚚 We've also removed some components from this repository. Namely:
- Example projects
- Vector/matrix library
- Random number generator
📚 The reason for removing these components is simple: in accordance with its SPM support, Swift AI is intended to be modular and expandable. Importing a neural network should not require you to import an entire collection of documentation and iOS example projects ;)
📦 This is just Phase 1 of a series of changes that are planned for Swift AI. For the time being, the
NeuralNetmodule will remain here in the top-level repository - but the ultimate goal is to create a GitHub organization account and continue expanding the library with new tools in their own individual packages.
👍 Thank you for all your support and contributions!
v1.0.0 ChangesNovember 30, 2016
🚀 v1.0 is the official Swift 2.2 release of Swift AI. This release is pre-Swift Package Manager and includes the example projects bundled in the main repo.
👍 All future versions will be built for Swift 3 with SPM support.