swift-protobuf v1.1.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2018-07-26 // over 4 years ago
🔄 Changes of interest:
- 👌 Support for Swift < 3.1 has been dropped. (#736, #765)
- 📜 Some fixes around text_format parsing (#738)
- ➕ Added missing support for escape sequences in JSON byte data (#744)
- 👍 Start taking advantage of the support from conditional conformances (#747, #749, #755)
- Fail for unknown JSON fields, but provide an option to ignore them instead (#771)
- 🚀 Start Swift 4.2 support (#764, #766). There will be more work for this in future releases.
Note: This release includes a correction to the handing of unknown fields when parsing JSON messages. Previous releases were not matching the Protobuf Spec which calls for unknown fields to error. The spec does allow for an option to request that unknown fields are silently dropped. So this release includes the fix to error for unknown fields, but adds an option to
JSONDecodingOptionsto request unknown fields be ignored instead of causing the failure. PR #771 includes these changes and more details.